Zerco's Health-eCard™ system improves the delivery and distribution of information and lowers the cost of providing services and benefits by merging databases onto one standard card for claims submission, direct billing and claims processing. The system facilitates the extraction and addition of patient information, eliminates the duplication of services and diagnostic testing, maintains the privacy of the physician and patient relationship, while interfacing with existing office hardware and software systems. This business model enables both physicians and hospital networks to monitor their medical performance and improve upon their own successes or failures in real time which will significantly reduce costs and improve patient care.
Key Features of the Health-eCard™:
- The cards are updateable and store up to 2,000 type written pages (4MB) of information including: MRI scans, EEG/EKG and X-rays, CT, MSI, etc..
- A patient's Continuity of Care Record (CCR) information is stored on the card: demographic information, patient history, diagnosis and dates of visits, chronic diseases, problem lists, immunization status, brief family history, surgical and diagnostic procedures, patient characteristics, pharmaceutical lists with instructions, prescription redemption updates and formularies.
- Electronic Medical Record becomes a portable patient record which will aid in health maintenance, eliminate duplication of test, ensure preventative testing is performed at appropriate time intervals to discover life threatening illnesses and reduce treatment time by early detection.
- Credit card size; stores easily in wallet
- Permanent, secure record/audit trail
- Biometric controlled authentication required
- Extremely durable, not affected by Magnetic fields, Static electricity, & Extreme temperatures
- Is multifunctional which allows for Optical encrypted storage, smart card options, magnetic strip options, custom color imaging, etc.
Benefits of Health-eCard™ System:
- Provides immediate access to health records
- Electronic claims submission results in immediate and accurate processing of correct claims and information
- Generate signatures for forms electronically
- Performs on-line verification of eligibility
- Reveals parameters of policies to individual service providers prior to services being rendered
- Reduces redundant handwriting, paperwork, filing, duplication of data
- Eliminates confusion over illegible prescription handwriting
- Comprehensive information is printed off the card, such as a history, RX, DX, examination visits
- Alerts physicians to lab test results
- Alerts physicians to tests and vaccines due
- The software allows multiple heath care payors, providers and hospitals immediate access to patient history accross multiple locations and health plans without costly integration.
- Running on the Health-eCard™ System, the software is already installed and utilization can begin immediately.
The Health-eCard™ System recognizes medical information as private and sensitive. High-level encryption is employed on the card and the database to ensure security. Biometrics, such as electronic fingerprint scans and digital signatures are used in the system providing security, patient identification and authorization to access patient records, safeguarding HIPAA compliance.